Sunday 11 March 2012

it's in the air


SPRING!
Ah!  I just can't say it enough that I LOVE seasons.  And now that I have them back in my life again, I realize how much I missed them.  Quito's weather is often described as being "eternal spring", which sounds great, but I do think it was kinda hard on me.  Now, eternal spring is MUCH better than eternal winter, that's for sure.  But there is something so comforting to me about the rhythm that seasons bring to my life.  Each season has it's own excitement, it's own experiences to look forward to.  As we worshiped together at church this morning, the windows were open and I could hear birds outside and I was in love.

So after naps, we headed out to play.  I love how Breck has his little hands behind his back in this one!

Dancing on the green space.


Watching the river flow by.


And she found more steps.






One of my favorite things when I was an undergrad at NP were the massive amounts of daffodils that would pop up all over campus in the spring.  Looks like we won't have to wait long now.  I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. What fun pictures! I miss Chicago in the springtime so much. Especially North Park campus, with the beautiful trees and flowers and animals. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You're making me all nostalgic. I love when daffodils grow right up out of snow. I love the change of seasons. And I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO jealous, but so glad that you all get to experience Spring this year! These photos are great! You do such a great job capturing moments.

    ReplyDelete