Friday 20 January 2012

UNO

One year ago today, I found myself very large with child and in a room with this man:


Thankfully, he was not in charge of anything but immense moral support as we welcomed Elsa Kristin into the world.  It's hard to believe that our beautiful baby girl is already a year old!  Many miles (both literal and figurative) have been logged this year and I can't imagine this year without her.  Of course I found myself thinking a lot today about what we were doing at this time last year and where we were and it already seems sometimes that our life in Ecuador was forever ago.  And as much as we were missing having lifelong friends and family close for the arrival of Elsa, I have to say that it was an amazing experience to have her in Quito and experience such a huge part of our family life there.  

Elsa is such a joy and a blessing.  Breck was always a very content baby, but Elsa is such an overwhelmingly happy one!  Always smiling, often laughing and so curious about her world around her.  I feel like her personality is poking through more and more everyday and it's so fun to watch her become more and more of who she is.  

So here is to our little Ecuadorian on her first birthday!  And a little photo montage to take you through her first year.

meeting her big brother

with Dr. Lopez who delivered her















And perhaps this is part of the reason why I am also having a hard time believing that Elsa is one:


Here is Breck at a year old.  That's a whole lotta baby.
Elsa right now weighs about as much as he did at 6 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. wow, these are such great photos. AMAZINGLY cute kiddos. I hope to meet them someday soon! I can't believe that i haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brought tears to my eyes...lovely! Happy Birthday to all of you.

    ReplyDelete