Tuesday 8 May 2012

four years young

Yesterday was my boy's birthday.  

Of course I meant to give him tribute on the actual day of his birth, but with it being finals week and all around these parts, Chris has been logging some looooooooooooooong hours with the computer.  

This little boy is the coolest one I know.  And I love him so much.  And I am so unbelievably honored that he was given to us to live life with.  Wow.  

He knows how to write his name.  Loves to play with legos.  He spends hours and hours drawing.   He is figuring out which shoe goes on which foot.  He pours over books and loves to read.  Loves his little sister dearly but hates how she always is messing up his guys while he is playing.  He makes us laugh.  He, at times, make us want to scream.  He likes to wear socks with his crocs and would always rather have on comfy pants.  He screams as though we are killing him when we cut his hair.  He has an incredibly memory.  He adores his daddy and can't wait for him to get home at the end of the day.   He is obsessed with Star Wars even though he really has no idea what it is.  He would eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches at every meal if we would let him.  He has an incredible imagination.  He really fights taking a nap although most days he could still really use one.  He gives the best hugs.

I feel like being four is such an interesting age.  You're not really a toddler anymore, but at the same time, not completely a kid.  And in my days with Breck, I see glimpses of both.  He is becoming more independent and learning to do things on his own.  Yet he still can't reach the faucet at the bathroom sink to turn it on.  He can so eloquently express himself in conversation.  Yet sometimes still breaks down into a fit of tears and frustration on the dinning room floor.  I don't remember it, but I'm thinking that it must be tough work being four.  And because of that, I just have a feeling that within this year  we will lose most of what is baby left about him.  And he won't be so little at all anymore.  

And of course there is part of me that grieves that fact, but I can't wait to see what this year holds for him.

(And stay tunned for the low down on the dance party of the year!) 

1 comment: