Wednesday 30 May 2012

ants marching


Breck got an ant farm for his birthday from Grandma Kris.  Now, I have to say that I had small apprehensions about inviting ants into my house, let alone a whole farm full.  But now that they are here, I can see how they may easily become a permanent fixture in our home.  Watching these ants do their thing is fascinating. 
 F.A.S.C.I.N.A.T.I.N.G. 

I had every intention that this little farm would live in the kids room.  However, they seem to have taken up permanent residence in the kitchen just because I want to be able to check in on them regularly throughout the day - see what new tunnels they are working on, watch them bury their dead, see them cleaning themselves, bringing food down into the tunnels to share with others - it is all captivating.

As long as they stay in the farm (and it seems to be very secure), I think the ants are here to stay.  Or at least they will fill the void in my little boy's heart until we can have a "real" pet, as he says.  (He has been missing Aslan so much lately).

The world we live in is truly an awesome place and creation is just beyond words in how amazing and complex it is.  And I am grateful for the ants living on my counter to remind me of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment