Sunday 6 May 2012

bits and pieces

*We have one week left in our first semester of seminary!  How is that possible?  It has gone by so fast and it has been a great start.  Chris is sitting next to me and just finished his last term paper.  Now he just has to pound out 3 finals and then he's done!  So proud of him - he is awesome.

*A while back Elsa lost her favorite bunny, the one she sleeps with every night, at IKEA.  It was so sad.  And I thought to myself as we were getting out of the car that I should just leave it in her car seat where it would be safe.  But she was all cute and cuddly with it so I brought it in.  Then somewhere between lamps and potted plants I realized it was gone.  Awful.  I am happy to report, however, that she has fairly easily imprinted on a replacement bunny.

*There is a new bear cub in our house.  I started doing childcare for a little guy who is 3 months old last week, and it is going much better than I was anticipating. He such a sweet and chill little baby. So far Breck and Elsa think he is great and have been big helpers.  I'm sure that there will be some days that won't go as smoothly and his mother will show up to pick him up and all three of the kids will be screaming - and possibly me as well - but so far, so good.

*Breck has been in a constant state of being tired, cranky and hungry for about a week and half now.  Seriously, so tired.  So cranky.  So hungry.  I think he must be doing some major growing.

*I bought bandaids at Target last week because I realized that scraped knee season is upon us and we didn't have a single one.  Scraped knees on little kids just screams that summer is here to me.  And my kids have had so few in their life because we were almost always wearing pants in Quito.  I think a lot of people assume that because we were living in South America on the equator that it was hot.  But Quito has an elevation of nearly 10,000 feet meaning that at the equator, it was really more like spring all the time.  So I have not seen Breck's little legs out and about much in the past few years - but I am loving seeing them these days.

*Whoever decided that toilet paper should be hung 2.5 feet off the ground clearly did not have a 15 month old busy little girl living in their home.  I think Elsa spends about 2.38 minutes in the bathroom everyday (I try to keep the door closed because she really finds enjoyment in throwing my makeup into to toilet), but I feel like I spend all my time rolling the toilet paper back up.

*Life is good, summer is almost upon us :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the knees and toilet paper. Love those scrapped up legs on little boys and constantly find entire rolls of toilet paper drenched in the toilet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you said she "imprinted" on a new bunny.

    ReplyDelete