Saturday 11 February 2012

worlds apart


A few things I am loving about life back in the US of A:

*worshiping regularly in English
*cottage cheese
*sidewalks you can actually push a stroller down with ease
*public libraries
*thrift stores
*seasons
*knowing my mama is only an eight hour car ride away
*a car I know how to drive
*drinking water from the tap
*my friends



A few things I am missing so much from life in Ecuador:

*worshiping regularly in Spanish
*buying 4 avocados for $1
*snow capped volcanoes 
*super affordable fresh flowers
*drying clothes outside on the line year round
*driving around in the beat up old blue Trooper with my fam and listening to mix cds
*our yard
*Aslan
*communal living with the Mergies
*my friends

2 comments:

  1. We miss you, too (and cottage cheese!). I didn't know Aslan stayed behind. Are you going to try to get him up or has he found a new family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - he found a new family with one of the pastors that we worked with in Quito. He is destined to be forever Ecuadorian :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete