Tuesday 17 April 2012

countdown

The beginning of our summer is shaping up to be jam-packed with all sort of amazingness.  There are so many things happening that I am looking forward to that I feel like my son counting down the days until Christmas.  The anticipation almost kills you it's so exciting.

In 90 days, we'll be headed to my grandparent's cabin in Minnesota.  It's the place we always vacationed growing up.  I had been there every summer since my birth until we moved to Ecuador.  Looking forward to a sweet reunion.

In 67 days, we will be hoping on an airplane down to Florida to go to Disney World with Chris' ENTIRE extended family thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Kay.  How crazy fun is that?  I've never been, so I'm sure my eyes will be just as wide as my kids when we step into the magic that awaits us there.

In 57 days, our dear, dear friends from Ecuador, Henry, Olga and Caleb, are coming to visit us.  I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THEM!!  When they first started talking about coming to visit, I couldn't let myself believe that it could be true.  But then when I heard that the plane tickets had been purchased, I nearly peed my pants.

Also in 57 days, Amy and Kris will return to Chicago from their India adventure.  Super, super excited to spend time with them and for them to be here the same time as Henry and Olga so they can meet.

In 50 days, our fabulous friend and fellow missionary, Kim, will be coming up to Chicago to take a class at North Park and is going to stay with us while she is here.  Can't wait to catch up!

In 48 days, we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary and Grandma Kathy is coming to town to babysit so we can go out and celebrate.

In 27 days, Kris and Amy will arrive in Chicago to spend a few days before their great India adventure.  Love my sister.  Love her man.  Love when we are all together.

In 25 days, our friend April, who was on our Merge summer staff last year, will be coming to visit.  Can't wait to catch up with her either.

In 24 days, Chris will be done with classes for the semester.  How this is possible, I don't know - it's gone by so fast!  We have nearly survived our first semester of seminary.

In 17 days, we will be kicking off a weekend celebrating Breck's fourth birthday.  How can he be that old?!?!?!?!  Grandma Kris is coming to town.  Dance Party birthday bash.  Enough said.

In 9 days, our friend Liz, who was also on our Merge summer staff, is coming to Chicago to hangout and laugh with us.  Yeah!

In 7 days, Breck, Chris and I are headed to our first Cubs game.  Thanks SA!

In 11 hours, the kids and I will be road trippin' it to Omaha to hangout with friends and family there.  Chris is super busy with end of the year stuff and also has a retreat to go to this weekend so the kiddos and I decided to do some adventuring of our own.

In 30 seconds, Chris will be done with his homework and we get to hangout.  I see ice cream and sweatpants in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment