Monday 23 April 2012

homaha

The kids and I packed it up this weekend and headed to Omaha while Chris was busy at a retreat and being buried in books.  Finals are just around the corner.  Whoa.  We had a great weekend and the kids did AWESOME in the car.  I didn't know if I was a little mental to take on a 8+ hour road trip on my own with two little ones in tow, but they were great and it was well worth the trip.  I didn't get my camera out as much as I would have liked, but here are a few highlights:

Friday morning we headed out to play with "baby" Blythe (and of course Ryan and Sarah too).  I realize we need to ditch calling her that now that she is nearly 2 years old - it just has such a nice ring to it though.

My kids love Blythe's awesome play room.  And Breck will find anything and everything to use to play dress up, i.e. an art smock.



And then outside for more fun.


Elsa has perfected the "cheese".










Hanging at Grandma Kris' house.



Trip to the big slides - downtown Omaha.  It was Breck and Elsa's first trip to this lovely little Omaha landmark.  I spent many an hour here as a child.








Often when the weather is nice, the slides are packed and you have to wait in long lines.  But as a kid growing up I have fond memories of those days when it would be just a bit chilly and you would show up and you were the only ones there.  Fantastic.  


And if you ever find yourself in the Omaha area and want to head to the big slides, bring wax paper or a paper bag to sit on to majorly help increase your speed.  Just a little insider tip 




We celebrated Great Grandma Bug's birthday (also known as Grandma Pat) on Sunday afternoon.  Breck made her a fabulous birthday banner.  Here he is admiring his work.

The boy continues to be an awesome artist.  It's very fun.

Other highlights not photoed:
-Seeing my best friend's baby bump and spending all day together Thursday
-Lunch at the Howell's
-Dinner at the VP's.  
-Joe changing our oil and giving our car the royal treatment.
-Playing outside with Brady and Mallory.
-Cost-co run
-Kite flying
-Running some errands on my own while my mom hung out with my kids.
-Sunday morning at FCC.
-King Kong gyros with Grandpa Kurt
-Relaxing evenings with the greatest mama in all the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment